Better Streets: River Road
How safe, practical, and attractive is River Road for everyone today?
- Safe: No loss of life or personal harm.
- Practical: Convenient and affordable.
- Attractive: Welcoming and enjoyable.
Take our 2-minute poll to be entered to win a gift card to Unique Eugene, Fred Meyer, or other retailer:
Prefer to see River Road firsthand? Look for an upcoming walking tour!
Share with others…
Know others who might be interested? Share this short link or other media:
About River Road
MovingAhead, a partnership between the City of Eugene, Lane Transit District, and other regional partners, has been exploring what transportation investments are needed in some of our most important streets over the next 10 years. In Spring 2022, local policymakers selected EmX bus rapid transit as the “locally preferred alternative” for River Road and to undertake further study.
Recently, LTD and the City of Eugene paused the MovingAhead planning process. Over the course of 2023, LTD is evaluating its communications and public outreach work that impacts the entire community it serves.
- River Road-Santa Clara Neighborhood Plan at City of Eugene
- River Road-Santa Clara Neighborhood Plan at Engage Eugene
- May General Meeting (RRCO, 5/10/23)
- What a Eugene City Council recall says about hopes for transportation reform in Oregon (BikePortland, 10/13/22)
- Cycling smarter: Bike advocates strive to keep Eugene/Springfield community safe (Register-Guard, 9/30/22)
- Left Behind by MovingAhead (Claire Shanley, 9/10/22)
- Recall on City Councilor: City Council President Claire Syrett, Who Represents Ward 7, Will Face a Recall Election (Eugene Weekly, 8/2/22)
- Metropolitan Policy Committee approves MovingAhead; next phase is to refine designs (BEST, 5/5/22)