Better Streets: Pledge
Do you support better streets for people and businesses?
- Safe: No loss of life or personal harm.
- Practical: Convenient and affordable.
- Attractive: Welcoming and enjoyable.
Add your voice by signing our common sense pledge:
Share with others…
Know others who might be interested? Share this short link or other media:
About Better Streets
Better Streets for People and Businesses is an effort to build support for streets that are safe, practical, and attractive for everyone; to identify which streets in Eugene and Springfield need to be better; and to develop broadly supported recommendations for moving forward.
- “Streets,” Urban Street Design Guide, National Association of City Transportation Officials.
- “Streets Are for Building Community Wealth: Here’s Why That’s So Important,” Strong Towns, 6/20/22.
- “The 3 Key Functions of Streets,” Matt Pinder, 8/27/20.
- “A Variety of Street Users,” Global Street Design Guide, Global Designing Streets Initiative, 2016.
- “How to Fix the Most Dangerous Streets in America,” Bloomberg CityLab, 12/6/22.
- “Seven stroads that have been converted to streets,” Congress for the New Urbanism, 6/21/22.
- “What’s a STROAD and Why Does It Matter?” Strong Towns, 3/2/18.
- “The Stroad,” Strong Towns, 10/30/17.
- Complete Streets, Federal Highway Administration.
- “Complete Streets: Prioritizing Safety for All Road Users,” Public Roads, Federal Highway Administration, Winter 2023.
- Complete Streets, Washington State Department of Transportation.
- Complete Streets, Smart Growth America.
- Rethinking Streets Book Series, University of Oregon.