UPDATE 12/16/2020: On Dec. 15, 2020, the Oregon Transportation Commission approved record ‘non-highway’ funding.
- The Oregon Dept. of Transportation is adopting a funding scenario to guide how $2.2 billion will be invested from 2024 to 2027.
- BEST is collecting resources here.
- The public may submit written comments by Friday, Dec. 11, at 5:00 p.m.
- The public may also testify live on Tuesday, Dec. 15, starting at 5:00 p.m.
As with the last STIP, the OTC plans to divide funds among six program categories:
- Enhance Highway: Highway projects that expand or enhance the transportation system.
- Fix-It: Projects that maintain or fix the state highway system.
- Safety: Projects focused on reducing fatal and serious injury crashes.
- Non-Highway: Bicycle, pedestrian, public transportation and transportation options projects and programs.
- Local Programs: Funding to local governments for priority projects.
- Other Functions: Workforce development, planning and data collections and administrative programs using federal resources. (Source: ODOT)
Addressing Climate Change
Under a new Executive Order from Governor Brown, ODOT will find ways to address greenhouse gas emissions through projects in the STIP. ODOT plans to look at how different ways of dividing up the money among programs will impact GHG emissions, and we will also use GHG emissions as one of the criteria for picking the best projects. (Source: ODOT)
- Commission approves STIP allocation with record ‘non-highway’ funding (BikePortland.org, 12/16/2020)
- 12/15/2020 meeting (Oregon Transportation Commission)
- Agenda (revised 12/15/20)
- Agenda C: 2024–2027 STIP
- ODOT delays STIP funding vote due to intense public interest (BikePortland.org, 12/9/2020)
- Comments welcomed on scenarios considered by the Oregon Transportation Commission (ODOT, 12/9/2020)
- Bike Loud says ‘Stop the STIP’ as state moves toward Friday vote (BikePortland.org, 12/7/2020)
- Think Out Loud: ODOT delays $2.2 billion allocation vote after changing funding options (OPB, 12/7/2020)
- STOP the STIP (Bike Loud PDX, 12/6/2020)
- OTC to reconvene Dec. 11 (ODOT, 12/4/2020)
- Opinion: ‘Non-Highway’ spending category needs a new name (BikePortland.org, 12/1/2020)
- $2.2 billion funding vote delayed as ODOT pushes new funding plans at final hour (BikePortland.org, 12/1/2020)
- 12/1/2020 meeting (Oregon Transportation Commission)
- Agenda (revised 11/30/2020)
- Agenda I: 2024–2027 STIP
- Video (ODOT on YouTube)
- ODOT’s recommended STIP funding scenarios seek ‘Non-Highway’ compromise (BikePortland.org, 11/30/2020)
- Climate commitment looms over Oregon Transportation Commission’s $2.24 billion funding decision (BikePortland.org, 11/24/2020)
- Support the Non-Highway STIP (Bike Loud PDX, 11/22/2020)
- Transportation Commission to hold virtual meeting Dec. 1 (ODOT, 11/20/2020)
- Online Open House: STIP Investment Priorities (ODOT, 11/13/2020)
- A gentle reminder to visit the 2024-2027 STIP online open house by Nov. 16 (ODOT, 11/10/2020)
- How would you distribute 2 billion transportation dollars? (ODOT, 10/26/2020)
- Leader of ODOT Climate Office: ‘We’re moving in the complete wrong direction’ (BikePortland.org, 10/23/2020)
- 10/22/2020 meeting (Oregon Transportation Commission)
- Oregon Transportation Commission to meet Oct. 22 (ODOT, 10/15/2020)
- Presentation: Development of the 2024–2027 Statewide Transportation Improvement Program (ODOT, October 2020)
- Join ODOT for a STIP webinar and public comment session (ODOT, 10/9/2020)
- Commission Starts Digging into Funding Options (ODOT, 9/21/2020)
- 9/17/2020 Meeting (Oregon Transportation Commission)
- Agenda (revised 9/16/20)
- Agenda G: 2024–2027 STIP
- Video (ODOT on YouTube)
- Letter to OTC (LaneACT, 9/11/2020)
- Oregon Transportation Commission to meet Sept. 17 in virtual meeting (ODOT, 9/10/2020)
- Letter to OTC (LaneACT, 8/26/2020)
- OTC Dives into Funding Scenarios and How to Prioritize Investments in the next STIP (ODOT, 8/18/2020)
- 8/13/2020 meeting (Oregon Transportation Commission)
- Video: Webinar (ODOT on YouTube, 8/11/2020)
- Presentation to ACTs: Development of the 2024–2027 STIP (ODOT, August 2020)
- Public Involvement Policy draft available! (ODOT, 7/31/2020)
- Video: STIP — The Basics (ODOT on YouTube, 7/18/2020)
- OTC Begins a New STIP Cycle. Get Involved! (ODOT, 7/17/2020)
- Oregon Department of Transportation
- Get Involved
- Statewide Transportation Improvement Program
- Planning & Technical Guidance