Volunteer: Apply by December 11 to join Eugene»s Active Transportation Committee
UPDATE 11/23/2020: Application deadline extended two weeks from Nov. 27 to Dec. 11.
- Apply by Friday, Dec. 11, to join Eugene’s Active Transportation Committee (ATC).
- Submit an online application.
- Questions? Contact Lee Shoemaker at 541-682-5471 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
The City of Eugene Transportation Team seeks residents who are interested in serving on the Active Transportation Committee (ATC). Recruitment is underway to fill vacancies for two year terms beginning January 2021. Applicants must reside within Eugene’s Urban Growth Boundary and be willing to attend monthly meetings and read background materials provided by city staff. Additional meetings may be scheduled as needed.
ATC members play a vital role in implementing walking and biking projects in the MoveEUG: Active Transportation Strategy and the Eugene 2035 Transportation System Plan (TSP), which will shape the future of the pedestrian and bicycling system for the next 20 years and make Eugene an even greater place for people who walk and bike.
Applications are available here and the deadline for submitting applications is Friday, December 11, 2020. After this date, staff will review the applications and invite selected candidates to interviews which will be scheduled in early December. (Source: City of Eugene)
Eugene’s ATC advises the City of Eugene Transportation Team and community organizations and partners on the following:
- Implementation of Move EUG: Active Transportation Strategic.
- Community and constituent interests in transportation planning decisions.
- Provides feedback to staff on projects relating to walking and bicycling.
ATC meetings are held on the second Thursday of each month in the Sloat Conference Room at the Eugene Atrium Building (99 West 10th Avenue) from 5:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. All meetings are open to the public. Guests will be provided with opportunities to speak at the beginning of each meeting.
Lee Shoemaker, Bicycle and Pedestrian Coordinator, is the staff liaison to the Active Transportation Committee. He can be reached at 541-682-5471 or email@example.com.
Current ATC members are:
- Allen Hancock
- Bob Blyth
- Robbie Dow
- Steve Abbott
- Nick Alviani
- Marina Herrera
- Julie Daniel
- Pete Knox
- Daniel Wilson
- Grace Kaplowitz
- Josh Kashinsky
- Andrea Plesnarski
- Active Transportation Committee
- Vision Zero (City of Eugene)
- MoveEUG: Active Transportation Strategy (2017)
- Eugene 2035 Transportation System Plan (February 2017)
- Eugene Pedestrian and Bicycle Master Plan (March 2012)
- Eugene Pedestrian and Bicycle Strategic Plan (January 2008—superseded by MoveEUG: Active Transportation Strategy)