Ride 4 Justice
UPDATE 10/23/2020: Added route map.
- On Saturday, Oct. 24, from 12:30 to 2:30 p.m., starting and ending in Alton Baker Park, join us for a 8-mile, family-friendly, socially-distanced solidarity ride for those we have lost in the fight for social justice.
- Join / invite / share on Facebook.
- Led by Isiah Wagoner with Minority Freedom Network, there will be teach-in moments throughout.
- Co-sponsored by NAACP Eugene/Springfield, Cascadian Courier Collective, GEARs, Climate Revolutions by Bike … and BEST.
Please join us on Saturday, Oct. 24, at 12:30 p.m. in Alton Baker Park. Our solidarity ride for those we have lost in this fight for racial justice will begin at 1:00 p.m.
Ride is no drop: We will not leave you behind. We plan to return to Alton Baker Park around 2:30 p.m.
Along the way, we will be checking out the new 13th Avenue Bikeway.
Teach-in moments on social justice and environmental change throughout the ride:
- Alton Baker Park (start)
- Mim’s House
- BLM Mural in front of the Federal Courthouse
- Monroe Park
- Alton Baker Park (end)
Bring a coat. We will ride rain or shine. Rain hasn’t stopped us before!
Masks are required; social distancing encouraged!
Family friendly, so bring your kids. We look forward to see everyone!
For the Ride 4 Justice, the Environmental and Climate Justice Coordinator for NAACP Eugene/Springfield wrote a statement:
In June during a children’s March, Isiah Wagoner was struck by a car driver:
Explore more during a virtual event on Wednesday, Oct. 28:
Many more events are planned for the celebration week of Friday, Oct. 23 – Friday, Oct. 30:
Join / invite / share:
- EVENT: Ride 4 Justice (Facebook)
Thank you to our partners: