- Apply by Friday, Oct. 23 at 5 p.m. to join Springfield’s Bicycle & Pedestrian Advisory Committee (BPAC).
- Download an application.
- Questions? Contact Emma Newman at 541-726-4585 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
The City of Springfield is seeking applications from Springfield residents to fill five (5) vacant positions on the Bicycle and Pedestrian Advisory Committee (BPAC). The Committee advises City of Springfield staff and City Council on bicycle and pedestrian policies, programs, and facilities. The full committee meets approximately six times each year on Tuesday evenings and candidates will be appointed to serve a three-year term beginning in January 2021.
Applicants should have an interest in promoting walking, biking, and other forms of active transportation in Springfield. The City would like to have diverse representation on the committee, including, but not limited to, youth, seniors, people of different races and ethnicities, people with mobility, hearing, sight, or cognitive disabilities, people from all Springfield neighborhoods, and mountain and BMX bicycle riders.
For additional information, contact Emma Newman, Senior Transportation Planner at 541-726-4585 or email@example.com.
The deadline to submit your application for any of the Boards, Committees, and Commissions is Friday, October 23, 2020, at 5:00 p.m. Due to current COVID precautions, the City of Springfield asks that you complete and submit your application electronically if possible or contact the staff liaison listed for the committee you interested in to make other arrangements.
Applicants will be interviewed during the month of November by the Springfield City Council during one of the four Work Sessions scheduled. Dates and times to be announced.
- When possible, Council will not appoint people currently serving on another governing body to the Planning Commission or Budget Committee.
- When appointing people to any of the other City boards, commissions or committees, the Council shall take into account whether that person is being reappointed for a subsequent term, is currently serving on another governing body or currently appointed to another City board, commission or committee.
- When possible, the Council will appoint people to serve on one City board, commission or committee only.
- Karla Berg — Voting Member
- Allison Camp — Voting Member
- Kevin Campbell — Voting Member
- Sandy Coffin — Voting Member
- Teresa Roark — Voting Member
- Holly Rockwell — Voting Member and Chair
- Michael (Rosey) Rosenberg — Voting Member and Vice-Chair
- Brian Sorensen — Voting Member
- Dennis Weirich — Voting Member
- Sheri Moore — City Council Liaison
- Andrew Landen — Planning Commission Liaison
- Simon Daws — Willamalane Park & Recreation District Liaison
- Laughton Elliott — DeAngelis – Safe Routes to School Liaison
- Steve Abbott — Eugene Active Transportation Committee Liaison
2020 BPAC meetings
- Tuesday, February 25, 2020, 6:00–7:30 p.m.
- Tuesday, April 14, 2020 — CANCELED
- Tuesday, June 9, 2020, 6:00–7:30 p.m.
- Tuesday, August 11, 2020, 6:00–7:30 p.m.
- Tuesday, October 13, 2020
- Tuesday, December 8, 2020
- 4th and South A Street (Springfield BPAC, 12/11/2018)
- Ballot Measure 20-296, Street Repair Bond (Springfield BPAC, 12/11/2018)
- Northbank Path Lighting (Springfield BPAC, 12/12/2017)
- Virginia-Daisy Bikeway Project (Springfield BPAC, 10/11/2016)
- Mayors’ Challenge for Safer People, Safer Streets (Springfield BPAC, 10/11/2016)