LTD gathers input from employees, riders, and the general community in developing system improvements evaluated as part of the Annual Route Review process. The process takes place from October through May and includes multiple ways for customers and the general public to provide input and feedback. This year, LTD is happy to report that they are proposing the addition of bus service that improves the span and frequency of existing routes, new neighborhood service, and the addition of holiday service. These improvements will create the opportunity for riders to better connect to the important people and places in their lives.
LTD proposes to change its fares as follows:
|Youth (ages 6‑18) &
(ages 5 & under)
LTD proposes to leave one-way ticket, day pass and 10-ride ticket book fares unchanged. LTD last increased these fares in 2012.
LTD proposes to increase adult 1-month pass fares from $48 to $50 and by similar amounts for youth, half-price and 3-month passes, effective July 2014. This is a 4% increase, or 1% per year over the last four years since the last increase in 2010.
LTD proposes to raise group pass rates by 5.8%, effective January 2015. LTD last increased these rates a year ago.
LTD proposes changes to the following routes, effective on September 21, 2014:
- #11 Thurston—Weekday 2:52 p.m. outbound trip from Springfield Station will be discontinued. Routing modified to serve 32nd Street, Jasper Road, and 42nd Street once per hour on weekdays between 6:30 a.m. and 6:30 p.m. (See map)
- #19 Fairview—Weekday route discontinued due to poor ridership. (See map)
- #27 Fairmount—Weekday routing modified to serve Oak Street instead of High Street. (See map)
- #28 Hilyard—Add a weekday and Saturday 9:45 p.m. and 10:45 p.m. outbound trip from Eugene Station.
- #40 Echo Hollow—Weekday times adjusted to depart at :20 and :50 minutes past the hour.
- #55 River Road Connector—Neighborhood routing modified and service to the Eugene Station added. (See map)
- #78 UO/Seneca—Add weekday service year round (See map)
- #96 Coburg—Add a weekday 8:30 a.m. trip and 4:30 p.m. outbound trip from Eugene Station. Weekday routing modified to serve Oakway Road, Gilham Road, Crescent Avenue and County Farm (See map)
- Holiday Service Addition—Sunday level service to be added to the following four holidays; Memorial Day, Fourth of July, Labor Day, and New Year’s Day.
Public Comment Opportunities
LTD is offering the following open houses, neighborhood meetings and public hearings before the LTD Board of Directors makes a decision on April 16, 2014:
- Thursday, January 30, 7:00 p.m.: Cal Young Neighborhood Association meeting
- Wednesday, February 5, 12:00–6:00 p.m.: Next Stop Center open house
- Monday, February 10, 7:00 p.m.: River Road Community Organization meeting
- Thursday, February 20, 6:00 p.m.: Centennial Elementary School open house
- Tuesday, February 25, 7:00 p.m.: Neighborhood Leaders Council meeting
- Wednesday, February 26, 6:00 p.m.: River Road Annex open house
- Tuesday, March 4, 6:00 p.m.: Springfield Relief Nursery open house
- Wednesday, March 19, 5:30 p.m.: Lane Community College Downtown Center public hearing
- Monday, April 7, 5:30 p.m.: Eugene Public Library public hearing
- Wednesday, April 16, 5:30 p.m.: LTD Board of Directors meeting (expected adoption of changes)
Take a 5-minute online survey to provide feedback on proposed service changes. Enter to win a Kindle Fire by providing your name and email upon completion.
Lastly, you can submit comments to LTD via postal or email:
Lane Transit District
Springfield, OR 97475-0470